One of the Marijuana compounds that occur in a large amount is Cannabidiol (CBD).But there is more to CBD than its abundance in Marijuana plant. Studies have unveiled the important benefits of CBD including; reduction of anxiety and depression. CBD oil can also be taken with other supplements that are used to treat different diseases because it has no brain altering properties.
If you are suffering from chronic pain, inflammation, arthritis, depression, and anxiety, Cannabidiol (CBD) might just be the medical treatment that you need. According to scientific research, it can be used to combat such medical conditions and many more.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a compound in Marijuana, has been associated with the sleep-inducing effect. Similarly, CBD also offers important sleeping benefits. People with extreme and continuous anxiety can find relief with sufficient doses of sedative given by CBD.
What Insomnia is
According to studies, CBD oil could be a potential medicine for Insomnia. It is important to note that CBD does cause direct sleepiness but instead induces calmness of the mind. Insomnia is characterized by a serious sleeping problem that prevents you from falling or staying asleep even after a long tiring day of activities. Some other symptoms associated with Insomnia include; reduced mental performance, fatigue, feeling weak and mood interruptions. Insomnia can be serious depending on how long it takes and what caused it.
Types of Insomnia
- Acute Insomnia
If you are suffering from acute insomnia, It will last for a short period and it is usually caused by day-to-day life circumstances such as; hours before a very important job interview or a final exam, or seconds after receiving heartbreaking news. A lot of people have experienced some degree of Insomnia which disappeared on its own after a short while.
- Chronic Insomnia
Chronic Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that can last for three months or more. This kind of sleep interruption is triggered by various issues such as; certain medical conditions, change of environment and working conditions such as changes in shifts.Stress has also been described as one of the leading causes of Chronic Insomnia.
Impacts of CBD oil on Insomnia
- Studies have found CBD to provide relief to people suffering from Insomnia without causing a psychopathic effect that is attributed to THC, a compound in Marijuana that has brain altering properties. Use of CBD oil decreases the number of times you can wake up at night. Ex-military individuals, with a Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), that causes nightmares can benefit from CBD oil since previous treatment on similar condition, proved to be successful. Studies related to supplements that consist of CBD and THC has also portrayed success sleep in improvement.
- Frequent use of CBD can help reduce depression, improve thinking skills, decrease anxiety and develop calmness. Calmness is promoted when serotonin receptors interact with Cannabidiol (CBD). Serotonin receptors are responsible for regulation of stress, mood, and emotions. They also stimulate the growth of new brains cells in adults while inducing relaxation.
- CBD oil will not only help you fall asleep but also improves your general sleeping pattern. Sleeping has three categories. Deep sleep is in the third category and it is the most influenced among the Insomnia patients. Furthermore, CBD will help you have fewer dreams, reduce depression and improve your memory through reduction of REM length.REM refers to the part of sleep that is related to dreaming.
- CBD influence dopamine in the blood, which is a neurotransmitter that regulates emotions and movement, therefore causing a reduction in extreme fatigue and enhancing the quality of sleep.
For treatment of Insomnia, the overall recommended dosage is between 20mg to 100mg.A majority of CBD supplements are packaged from 26mg, but if you want to achieve optimum results, you may increase the dosage to 159mg. Medical Marijuana doctors usually recommend for new users of CBD oil to start with small doses and only raise the dosages once they are fully aware of the effect that the compound has in their body.
Why you should use CBD oil
CBD oil has numerous benefits that go beyond the treatment of Insomnia. Other benefits include:
- Unlike other Marijuana extracts, CBD oil does not have a mind-altering effect that causes users to get high or experience the psychopathic effect.
- You can buy CBD anywhere without the requirement of a Doctor’s prescription because it has been classified as homeopathic soporific.
- CBD oil is purely natural and healthy. It does not contain any toxic chemicals.
Generally, it is recommended that you should get 8 hours of sleep every night. However, when you experience sleep disorders that occur regularly enough to be Insomnia, things can get out of hand as far as your overall health is concerned. Fortunately, as we have seen already, CBD oil is safe and effective for Insomnia treatment.